Table of Contents
Updated October 2021
What is ISMS?
Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a framework of policies and procedures for systematically managing an organization’s privacy and security over its sensitive data. The objective of ISMS is to minimize the risk of a security breach to ensure business continuity as well as safeguard the private information of clients and customers.
A few facets of the system include addressing employee behavior and processes, as well as data and information technology. The implementation of it can be targeted, for example, only for a certain type of data. It can also be implemented in a comprehensive way becoming a part of the company’s technology ecosystem. Google, for example, is a company that takes data security very seriously. It is ingrained into the company culture for new employees as part of their orientation program.
The ISO IEC 27001 is the international standard certification and specification for creating it. While the security standard does not mandate specific actions, it, however, does include suggestions for documentation, internal audits, continuously improving information security, and corrective and preventive action. There are many immediate benefits to the implementation of the security management system for your organization. Below are nine reasons why you should consider implementing one:
What are the benefits of ISMS? 7 reasons to implement:
Here are some of the key benefits of implementing an Information Security Management System:
- Information Security Risk – In the information age, corporations and organizations must protect all forms of data whether it is digital or traditional paper-based information. Protecting the intellectual property and personal data of your clients and customers is extremely important and could mean the survival of your company. Data leaks could cost companies and shareholders millions of dollars. Good ISMS will ensure proper information security control.
- Prevent Cyber Attacks – While it may not eliminate cyber attacks, proper implementation will at least increase resilience to cyber breaches. We live in a world where unethical hackers are constantly looking for easy targets. Companies that host cloud services and or provide web-based solutions are generally the victims of continuous DDOS attacks. The ISO 27001 provides enough documentation to safeguard against the most basic of these attacks.
- A Centrally Managed Framework – While we are moving towards a world where distributed frameworks seem to have become the new norm, there are definite benefits to having a centrally managed framework to keep your organization’s information safe. A centrally managed framework is easier to take care of, provides a framework for keeping your organization’s information safe and managing it all in one place. Centralized frameworks allow for quicker risk assessment of security gaps and faster, more effective risk management
- Efficient Policies and Procedures – define procedures, policies, and processes that offer organization-wide protection from technology-based risks and common threats. Generally, due to inefficiencies in processes or workflow failures, breaches tend to happen. An organization that has a strong grasp of security policies will be able to prevent, predict and mitigate damage.
- Up-to-date Security – The digital world is constantly evolving, with hackers finding vulnerabilities in software continuously. The need to patch and prevent these vulnerabilities is of utmost importance. The system will help respond to evolving security threats both in the outer environment and within the organization.
- Reduce costs – Data breaches and leaks can cost a company in the millions. Reduces costs associated with information security.
- Protects Data – ISMS uses a set of policies, procedures, and technical or physical controls to protect your data. The confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data need to be safeguarded in large and small organizations.
Does your business need custom software development services?
If you are looking to get custom software developed we can help. Our web-based solutions are guaranteed to improve the competitiveness, efficiency and profitability of your small business.
Here are some frequently asked questions about our custom software development:
Q: I have a fairly decent idea of what I want to build. But, I do not have detailed specifications for my project. Is this alright?
A: Don’t worry if you don’t know all of the technical stuff. We’re happy to discuss your ideas and advise you. We have a highly experienced business team that can comfortably translate business requirements into software project specifications, user stories and wireframes. Most clients that come to us don’t have specifications, we develop these for them. We have satisfied global clients from many different industries – all who were at very different stages of planning. To read some reviews of our Custom Software & Web Application Development Services check out our testimonials page.
Q: Why should I hire Asahi Technologies for my custom software development project?
A: At Asahi Technologies, we value the partnerships we create. Our clients represent more than just a project. As your technology partners we’re dedicated to helping you achieve your unique business needs by leveraging complex technologies and providing you the support and maintenance you require after a project is launched. We value creating purposeful and innovative projects that help your business grow, become more profitable and more efficient.
With head office in New York, we have experience working with the most demanding clients, for instance, in the financial industry. We have a strong business strategy team, which listens to client challenges carefully before crafting the most suitable technology solution and our technology team is passionate about building quality software solutions for clients. We blend the best and the brightest creative thinkers and engineers who are dedicated to excellence and revolutionizing your business with unique web solutions.
Q: Who will be my point of contact at Asahi Technologies?
A: The project manager assigned to your project will usually be your primary point of contact throughout the course of the engagement with Asahi Technologies.
Let Asahi Technologies help you develop your next custom manufacturing ERP software for your business.
Want to read some of the testimonials of our New York software development company services?
Stay ahead of the game with our helpful resources
4 digital solutions to address common application performance issues
High network latency, memory leaks, slow page loads, heavy CPU usage, and unresponsive servers are all typical performance issues we’ve experienced at some point when using or accessing digital applications. With how easy they occur in projects across verticals, you might be wondering whether the development teams behind these programs have done enough due diligence prior to the release. But human errors and oversight aren’t always the culprit. The reality is that while developers can strive to develop a fully functioning program with virtually no apparent faults upon delivery, no software is truly error-free. Even the most rigorously tested applications
6 useful tips for creating more robust application lifecycle management
As digital technology becomes the norm, software acquisition is now key to gaining a competitive edge in today’s market. Be it as a value offering tailored to consumers or a productivity tool to run complex processes, custom software undeniably helps companies drive growth and deliver value more efficiently. Just as necessary as having a proprietary application is prescribing a standard procedure to govern and maintain its utility. This is to ensure that your business can develop or adopt the right type of software—one that can fully cater to your business needs while keeping disruption to a minimum across critical milestones.
5 major roadblocks businesses must overcome when transitioning into a new software environment
As the business landscape becomes increasingly saturated, staying ahead of the curve often means embracing disruptive technologies to meet the fickle market demands. In most cases, this entails knowing when to pivot your current strategy to an entirely new solution. But recognizing the importance of digital shift is one thing; implementing the necessary IT upgrade is another. A global survey by Deloitte has found that although 87% of companies manage to identify the impact of digital trends on their industries, only 44% have adequately prepared for the coming disruptions. This vast disconnect between organizational expectations and conditions in the field
Is cloud computing the answer to better software development?
Cloud computing is perhaps not a term often heard in daily conversations, but it is one with a far-reaching impact on our technological needs. From expansive options of online data storage to numerous suites of web-based productivity tools like Google Workspace, nearly everyone has used a cloud-enabled technology. Over the last decade, this high degree of versatility also underpins the rapid cloud uptake among businesses. In fact, one survey has found that 94% of companies have already shifted their computing workloads on cloud platforms to varying extents. Unsurprisingly, the market size for cloud technology continues to grow exponentially. With a