Table of Contents
Updated September 2021
Over the years, web portals have evolved tremendously. From being information portals, they are now an integral part of a business’ marketing efforts.
Here are some of the web development trends in 2021 that we think will dominate.
Web Portal Development Trend – Progressive Web Apps(PWAs)
Global brands have always adopted technologies that have amplified their brand identities. PWA is one such application software that has proven to be a game-changer to many top companies. The statistics of the benefits of PWAs are staggering.
After adopting PWA, Forbes has reported that their website loading time has decreased to 0.8 seconds from 3 – 12 seconds on average. It saw a 43% increase in sessions and a 100% increase in engagement. Twitter clocked 75% increased tweets, 20% lower bounce rate, and a 65% greater number of pages per session after shifting to PWA. Trivago marked a 150% increase in user engagement after implementing a progressive web app. Make MyTrip saw overall conversion rates triple and a 160% increase in shopper sessions after using PWA. The Washington Post has seen a 88% performance improvement over its traditional mobile website after implementing PWA.
This hybrid form encapsulates application functionality into a website, providing numerous benefits for your company. PWAs offer a seamless offline process and a better experience on mobile devices. They work as native apps and have cross-device compatibility. PWAs use HTTPS and provide transport layer security, thereby preventing user data theft.
Web Portal Development Trend – Artificial Intelligence (AI)
In 2019, the global artificial intelligence market size was valued at USD 39.9 billion. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 42.2% from 2020 to 2027. In a study conducted by Forrester, AI-based solutions for customer management can lead to up to 10-50% reduction in customer churn.
Here are some of the ways integrating AI in web portal development will benefit your company.
- Automated customer service – Chatbots and virtual assistants are revolutionizing customer service. Improve employee productivity by using AI bots as the first point of contact to solve basic queries. Customer service agents can be involved in solving complex customer issues wherein bots can escalate it at an appropriate point while engaging with a customer. According to the 2020 MIT Technology Review, in a survey of 1,004 business leaders, customer service (via chatbots) is the leading application of AI deployed today.
- Predictive Personalization – Use customer data such as purchase history and preference to make product suggestions.
- Hyper-personalized content – analyse user behavior to generate customized email content, campaigns, or messages.
- Predicting churn – AI algorithms provide data from disengaged members. Get analytics of the high churn risk accounts. Based on user behavior, it also shows what offers will most likely move them to the low churn risk category. It will give you critical insights into the success rate of your current customer engagement strategies.
Web Portal Development Trend – Single Page Websites (SPWs)
- Ease of navigation on mobile.
- Quick loading time.
- Linear user experience.
- Bounce rate reduction.
The following points need to be kept in mind while designing SPWs:
- Split Content into small chunks. Do not overload users with excessive information.
- Users may get bored with the endless scrolling. Design Alternative Navigation for Quick Access like sticky navigation. It remains at the top of the web page, regardless of the depth of your scroll.
- Use robust call to action.
Web Portal Development Trend – Web Assembly (WA)
A Google study over millions of page impressions found that when a site meets the recommended thresholds for the core web vitals metrics, users are at least 24% less likely to abandon a page before it finishes loading. Website performance has a direct impact on user experience and churn rate.
WA is gaining prominence because it is vital in developing high-performance sites. With WA, compile code into bytecode using any programming language. WA enhances the sites’ speed, thereby optimizing its performance.
Apart from enhancing website performance, WA provides other benefits to your business.
- Offers a good compile target for the web. It gives developers the freedom to choose which language they code their websites on.
- Perfect for mobile browsing.
- Supported by all major browsing platforms.
- WA has a small file size that has a direct impact on the sites’ load time.
- WA offers high-end security to the website.
Web Portal Development Trend – Voice Activated (VA) Search and Navigation
In a recent “new voice technology” survey, Adobe found that 48% of consumers use voice assistants for “general web searches.” VA is revolutionizing information search results and is reducing the mundane typing into search bars.
Here are some of the voice search engine optimization strategies that you can use in your enterprise.
- Focus on conversational keywords. In the age of semantic search, long-tail conversational keywords have become more popular than short-tail keywords.
- Create compelling persona-based content
- Use Schema Markup to make your website SEO friendly.
- Make a FAQ page and create conversational answers.
Web Portal Development Trend – Motion User Interface (MUI) design
It takes about 50 milliseconds (that’s 0.05 seconds) for users to form an opinion about your website that determines whether they like your site or not, whether they’ll stay or leave. 94% of first impressions relate to your websites’ design.
Businesses are under tremendous pressure to create an engaging website design for enhancing user experience. It is where MUI becomes prominent. Motion UI enables you to create stunning transitions and animations for your enterprise website.
Use MUI in the following ways to create stunning websites.
- Welcome screen – excite your users with a unique welcome screen. It can be of great use when your website is content-laden and takes time to load.
- Call to Actions (CTA) – CTAs can be fun and interactive with a creative MUI.
- Use it to create a feedback loop.
- Engage users with spontaneous brand storytelling.
- Improve brand recognition by creating sharable videos for your website. The average CVR for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don’t use video.
Customer needs are rapidly evolving. Thus, creating an engaging web user experience is vital. Based on some of the website development trends expected in 2021 it is imminent for enterprises to adopt cutting edge web portal development strategies to boost brand visibility and customer retention.
Does your business need help in software development?
If your company is looking for a web portal to be developed we can help. Our web-based solutions are guaranteed to improve the competitiveness, efficiency, and profitability of your business. Asahi Technologies is prepared to meet all of your enterprise software development needs with the utmost confidence that we can deliver a product that lives up to your standards. Our custom web application development services even offer a FREE CONSULTATION to help understand your project and needs better. Please contact us at the link below!
Here are some frequently asked questions about custom software development services:
Q: I have a fairly decent idea of what I want to build. But, I do not have detailed specifications for my project. Is this alright?
A: Don’t worry if you don’t know all of the technical stuff. We’re happy to discuss your ideas and advise you. We have a highly experienced business team that can comfortably translate business functions and requirements into software project specifications, user stories and wireframes. Most clients that come to us don’t have specifications, we develop these for them. We have satisfied global clients from many different industries – all who were at very different stages of planning. To read some reviews of our Custom Software Development Company & Web Application Development Services check out our testimonials page.
Q: Why should I hire Asahi Technologies for my custom enterprise software development project?
A: At Asahi Technologies, we value the partnerships we create. Our clients represent more than just a project. As your technology partners we’re dedicated to helping you achieve your unique business needs by leveraging complex technologies and providing you the support and maintenance you require after a project is launched. We value creating purposeful and innovative projects that help your business grow, become more profitable and more efficient.
With head office in New York, we have experience working with the most demanding clients, for instance, in the financial industry. We have a strong business strategy team, which listens to client challenges carefully before crafting the most suitable technology solution and our technology team is passionate about building quality software solutions for clients. We blend the best and the brightest creative thinkers and engineers who are dedicated to excellence and revolutionizing your business with unique web solutions.
Q: Who will be my point of contact at Asahi Technologies?
A: The project manager assigned to your project will usually be your primary point of contact throughout the course of the engagement with Asahi Technologies.
Let Asahi Technologies help you develop your next custom application development project for your business.
Want to read some of the testimonials of our New York software development services?
Stay ahead of the game with our helpful resources
4 digital solutions to address common application performance issues
High network latency, memory leaks, slow page loads, heavy CPU usage, and unresponsive servers are all typical performance issues we’ve experienced at some point when using or accessing digital applications. With how easy they occur in projects across verticals, you might be wondering whether the development teams behind these programs have done enough due diligence prior to the release. But human errors and oversight aren’t always the culprit. The reality is that while developers can strive to develop a fully functioning program with virtually no apparent faults upon delivery, no software is truly error-free. Even the most rigorously tested applications
6 useful tips for creating more robust application lifecycle management
As digital technology becomes the norm, software acquisition is now key to gaining a competitive edge in today’s market. Be it as a value offering tailored to consumers or a productivity tool to run complex processes, custom software undeniably helps companies drive growth and deliver value more efficiently. Just as necessary as having a proprietary application is prescribing a standard procedure to govern and maintain its utility. This is to ensure that your business can develop or adopt the right type of software—one that can fully cater to your business needs while keeping disruption to a minimum across critical milestones.
5 major roadblocks businesses must overcome when transitioning into a new software environment
As the business landscape becomes increasingly saturated, staying ahead of the curve often means embracing disruptive technologies to meet the fickle market demands. In most cases, this entails knowing when to pivot your current strategy to an entirely new solution. But recognizing the importance of digital shift is one thing; implementing the necessary IT upgrade is another. A global survey by Deloitte has found that although 87% of companies manage to identify the impact of digital trends on their industries, only 44% have adequately prepared for the coming disruptions. This vast disconnect between organizational expectations and conditions in the field
Is cloud computing the answer to better software development?
Cloud computing is perhaps not a term often heard in daily conversations, but it is one with a far-reaching impact on our technological needs. From expansive options of online data storage to numerous suites of web-based productivity tools like Google Workspace, nearly everyone has used a cloud-enabled technology. Over the last decade, this high degree of versatility also underpins the rapid cloud uptake among businesses. In fact, one survey has found that 94% of companies have already shifted their computing workloads on cloud platforms to varying extents. Unsurprisingly, the market size for cloud technology continues to grow exponentially. With a