The current trend in the construction domain informs us that traditional word-of-mouth marketing is no longer relevant. Hence, businesses are rapidly establishing their online presence to reach a larger audience.
This article will discuss the factors to consider when developing a web portal for the construction domain.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
According to IBM, “chatbots can help reduce customer service costs by about 30%.Additionally, it has the capability to enhance customer engagement.
Let us see the vital benefits chatbots can provide to your web portal:
- Chatbots provide 24/7 customer service.
- They can personalise customer interaction to build trust and improve brand loyalty. According to Statista, “64% of companies believe chatbots will enable them to offer personalized support to their customers.”
- Chatbots are useful in driving business intelligence.
- AI accelerates your companies’ revenue through an enhanced user experience.
Page load time
A website’s load time decides the bounce rate of customers, to an extent. According to Google, “53% of visits are likely to be abandoned if pages take longer than 3 seconds to load.”
According to CrazyEgg, an analytics platform, take the following measures to improve your website’s speed.
- Minimize HTTP requests.
- Minify and combine files.
- Minimize time to first byte.
- Reduce server response time.
- Choose the right hosting option for your needs.
- Run a compression audit.
- Enable compression.
- Enable browser caching.
Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
According to Think With Google, “30% of all searches are related to location.” Optimize your website for local SEO to target the right customers. Creating an SEO-friendly site is vital for the success of your business. It enables higher conversion and higher close rates.
Google uses more than 200 elements for ranking websites. Keywords, page speed, domain age, and links are a few of them. Let us see some of the crucial ways to make your site local SEO-friendly.
- Improve your websites’ internal and external linking structure.
- Optimize the meta tags and content.
- Add your business location.
- Create rich snippets.
- List your company on Google My Business.
According to Small Business Trends, “94% of consumers say your website must be easy to navigate.”
Use the following pivotal tips to create a website with seamless navigation:
- Make the navigation simple.
- Organize the main and sub-navigation.
- Create mobile-responsive navigation.
- Have clear call-to-action buttons.
- Use heatmaps to understand how customers navigate through your website.
- Be consistent with the design.
With the surging use of mobile devices, businesses should create websites that can be accessed from any device. According to Bright Local, a local marketing company, “61% of mobile phone users are more likely to contact a local business through a search conducted on a mobile device.”
Here are the fundamental ways you make your construction company’s website mobile-friendly.
- Responsive web design.
- Focus on the page loading time.
- Highlight the navigation buttons.
- Do not use ads and pop-ups.
A construction company’s web portal should showcase its credibility. According to Stanford Web Credibility Research, 75% of users judge a company’s credibility based on their website’s design.
The following are the crucial ways to boost your website’s credibility score.
- High-quality images/videos of the construction work your company has undertaken.
- Customer reviews and testimonials.
- Contact address.
- Certifications received by the company.
- Highlight your companies’ milestones and awards.
- Showcase the experience of your civil engineers and their team.
- Keep the website design simple and easy to use.
- Add statistics and numbers wherever possible. Highlight the number of projects your construction company has undertaken.
An essential function of web design is easy navigation for users entering the site. You can do this by using different weights for the different elements on the page, thereby controlling the website’s visitor focus. Social Media Examiner’s 2018 Industry Report shows that “80% of marketers use visual assets in their content marketing.”
Follow these three tips to create a website with intriguing visual cues.
- Use the line of sight to gain the viewer’s attention. According to an experiment conducted by James Breeze using Tobii eye tracker and digital display, it was found that people look in the same direction as the ones they see in advertisements. You can use this to direct viewer focus to the content you want to highlight.
- Be consistent with the color you use when designing the website. As per Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc., “Colour increases brand recognition by 80%.”
- According to a Nielsen Norman Group study, users pay close attention to photos and other images that contain relevant information but ignore pictures that are used only to make the website look attractive.
Highlight your niche
Every construction business has a specialized area of expertise. Generate quality leads and move them through the conversion funnel quickly by showcasing your niche.
Keep it simple
Google conducted research titled “The role of visual complexity and prototypicality regarding the first impression of websites: Working towards understanding aesthetic judgments.” The study showed that the more complex a design is, the less likely it is perceived to be beautiful.
The Construction industry is expected to record a CAGR of 15.7% by 2022. Construction companies should be equipped with a trendy website and functional web portal to create a competitive advantage for themselves. If you manage a construction company and need to have an app developed or a web application created for your business, please contact our New York App Developer Company today for a free consultation.