Table of Contents
- Patient portals for healthcare improve communication to create a more potent therapeutic alliance between patients and their community health resources.
- Streamline clinical workflows, contain costs, and unlock enterprise value by delivering custom patient portals.
- Empower more efficient and effective communication between different stakeholders connected to the community health matrix with patient engagement tools.
Health is wealth, and time may be the most valuable commodity. No one wants to waste time or be left waiting when health is in jeopardy.
That’s where digital patient portals come in. In recent years, few pieces of the digital health ecosystem have transformed practice environments and medical outcomes as remarkably as patient communication portals.
Patient portals for healthcare improve communication to create a more potent therapeutic alliance between patients and their community health resources. These software tools extend the reach of healthcare organizations and deliver digital acceleration to fuel competitive advantage.
Keep reading to learn more about how digital patient portals transform communication in clinical healthcare and medical practice environments.
Importance of developing Patient Portals for better communication in Healthcare
A digital patient portal is a secured application or website that provides patient-consumers with 24-hour access to their personal health information (PHI), opportunities to manage their care and communicate with their medical providers remotely.
Patient portals act as a vital touchpoint linking patients with community health resources by providing a straightforward and easy-to-interpret information architecture guiding them through available services, providing access to health records, and allowing them to manage their care as needed using modern digital communications and web technologies.
Patient portals offer measurable benefits for healthcare administrators, doctors, and clinical specialists by empowering them to engage with their patients outside the rigid confines of traditional in-person visits or office hours. Healthcare enterprises that deliver innovative patient portals unlock many opportunities for engaging their patients and building collaborative therapeutic alliances using these new tools.
Patient portals offer a significant opportunity for healthcare enterprises seeking to innovate and leverage the full potential of digital transformation to drive better medical outcomes for patients and working conditions for their care teams.
Communication Features Offered by Patient Portals
Digital patient portals offer a variety of communication features that enhance collaboration between patients and their healthcare providers.
Here are some of the most common communication features offered by medical patient portals and the benefits they offer:
- EHR/EMR Services: Digital patient engagement tools are often integrated with digital records systems, securely linking patients with their health data.
- Virtual Care/Telemedicine/Telehealth Solutions: Digital patient portals often involve integrated virtual care features which allow patients to conduct safe and secure virtual visits and HIPPA-compliant communications with their providers.
- Audio and Video-based Communication Tools: Patient engagement tools often feature audio and video-based communication features which allow patients and providers to engage in two-way messaging using modern digital methods.
- Instant Messaging and Email Tools: Patient engagement tools often support sending instant messages and emails between patients and their providers.
- Patient Registration Tools: Patient portals often feature automated patient registration tools to streamline the administrative burden of registering new patients or updating personal details.
- Billing Resources: Patient portals often feature integration with billing tools allowing providers to send notifications to patients about their medical bills.
- Appointment Scheduling Resources: Patient portals often feature resources that enable patients to access scheduling tools to manage their care.
- Personal Health Information Resources: Patient portals often provide resources for patients to review their medical diagnoses, check prescriptions, review lab results, and review their physician’s aftercare guidelines, among many other personal health records related to their care.
Benefits of Patient Communication Portals in Healthcare
Patient communication tools deliver a massive array of benefits for all stakeholders connected to the community health matrix. Here are some of the most important benefits:
Increased Patient Engagement Drives Better Medical Outcomes
Patient portals make it easier and more convenient for patients to access their personal health information, communicate with clinical teams, and manage their healthcare.
Automated and Streamlined Clinical Workflows Improve Operational Efficiencies
Patient portals optimize administrative tasks by replacing manual, error-prone processes with business process optimization and automation.
Patients Unlock the True Value of Person-Centered Healthcare
Patient portals empower patients to take a more active role in managing their medical care and collaborating with their providers.
Preventative Medicine Reduces Overall Cost of Care
Patient portals reduce the overall cost of healthcare dramatically, limiting the need for costly emergency services when less invasive preventative measures are applied sooner.
Digital Agility Secures Competitive Advantages
Patient portals match physician and patient expectations today while positioning healthcare enterprises to continue unlocking new profitability through digital transformation.
Communication Challenges Solved with Patient Portals
Digital patient portals solve communication challenges involving different stakeholder groups connected to the community health system.
Patient consumers love the simplicity and convenience of accessing their health information and communicating with providers using safe and reliable methods.
Patient engagement tools strengthen healthcare organizations by making resources and services more accessible to the general public whenever needed without increasing human capital expenditure.
Here are some of the most impressive communication challenges resolved by digital patient portals:
- Strengthens Therapeutic Alliance Between Patients and Providers: Digital health platforms create new opportunities for patients and providers to communicate and collaborate on care plans.
- Delivers 24/7 Remote Access to Digital Health Tools: Patient portals provide patients with around-the-clock access to their medical records and the opportunity to manage their care whenever is convenient.
- Increases Patient Compliance with Medical Guidance: Patient engagement with digital portals increases compliance with medical recommendations leading to swifter recoveries and better outcomes.
- Provides Safe and Secure Means to Share Personal Health Information: Patient portals offer the same and reliable access to personal health records.
- Builds a Stronger and More Resilient Digital Health Ecosystem: Digital front-door applications extend your organization’s reach, serving as a vital touchpoint linking patients and providers in your end-to-end digital health ecosystem.
- Unlock True Enterprise Value: Digital health tools streamline administrative tasks by leveraging automation and digitalization to deliver seamless modern communications capabilities.
- Delivers the Resources Your Patients and Providers Expect: Investing in patient engagement tools offers measurable communication benefits for your patients, staff, and reputation.
How Asahi Technologies can help you develop Patient Portals
The healthcare industry has traditionally needed to change and adopt new technologies faster. All of that is changing rapidly as the rallying call of digital acceleration continues to reverberate increasingly.
Have your executive decision-makers already received the call? Are you taking action to complete technology investments to deliver the next generation of digital patient portals to deliver better communication between your patients and providers?
The future won’t wait. Take action today to secure your organization’s position and deliver the healthcare technology resources your brand needs to unlock a quality culture of continuous improvement.
It doesn’t matter where your team is today. We deliver the healthcare technology business strategy analysts, full stack developers, designers, and support your organization needs to provide exceptional healthcare software products and services.
Asahi Technologies is a proven technology partner that helps forward-looking healthcare enterprises complete digital transformation; get in touch to learn more about our custom software, team augmentation, and healthcare IT business strategy & consulting services.
Stay ahead of the game with our helpful resources
How Hospital Information Systems Improve Efficiency & Cost
Hospital information systems (HIS) connect the different clinical departments, administrative functions, core workflows, data, and best practices driving digital success at forward looking healthcare enterprises. The implementation of hospital information systems delivers measurable benefits to improve patient care, healthcare operations efficiencies, reduce costs, promote data security, streamline communication, and fuel more effective data-driven decision-making. Build a custom HIS solution to invigorate your organization’s digital acceleration.
How Remote Patient Monitoring can Improve Healthcare Access
Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is the use of medical devices, healthcare practice management software, hardware integrations, and new categories such as wearables and smart homes hooked into the medical internet of things (MIOT). RPM builds quicker feedback loops between patients and providers, reducing the need for time-consuming and expensive emergency services. As remote patient monitoring tool usage increases, the cost of care drops, and patients receive more efficient and timely medical services.
Features and Benefits of Hospital Management Software
Hospital management software handles all the different aspects of managing services at a hospital. A modern HMS system is at the forefront of efforts to identify areas of improvement, measure the success of interventions, and deliver the insights needed to truly innovate and optimize performance. The right hospital management software tools provide your executive decision makers with the business intelligence needed to unlock new business opportunities and profitability while simultaneously trimming the fat and reducing wastage at every step in your value chain.
Telehealth vs Telemedicine: What are the Key Differences
Key Highlights Telehealth is a broad term for digital communications and information technology to access healthcare information and manage care. Telemedicine is a specific term used to describe the use of digital communications and information technology to diagnose and treat patients by offering remote clinical medical services. Expanding telehealth and telemedicine is transforming clinical medical and healthcare operations management. Asahi Technologies delivers virtual care service solutions for healthcare and medical enterprises looking to expand telehealth and telemedicine services. Difference Between Telehealth and Telemedicine Are you curious about the difference between telehealth and telemedicine? Let’s break it down for you. Telehealth: